Saturday, April 28, 2012

Save the Dates

 As with all of the "paper goods" for our July wedding, the Save the Dates (just can't bring myself to abbreviate it) were a labor of love.  I went through 2 or 3 iterations of the design before I finally came up with one that I was really happy with.  Once we decided to spread the orchids from just the real flowers throughout our entire theme, things started to gel.

I knew that I wanted to create them myself however I also knew that I wanted them to look as "professional" as possible.  We acquired a really nice printer over the summer and that as proven to be one of the best investments we have made.  I highly recommend spending the extra money to get a really good inkjet printer before starting out on these DIY projects!



These were really quite simple in the end.  I used regular 8.5" x 11" white cardstock for the main card which I cut into 3.5" x 5" pieces.  Once the main image was printed, I trimmed the edges by 1/4" on each side.  I also cut 8.5" x 11" black cardstock into 3.5" x 5" pieces.  I used a regular glue stick to paste the two together and voila! we had a ready to send Save the Date.

I printed the envelopes with the return address and the recipient's address although given the choice again, I would forgo it.  The size of the RSVP envelope (what we used for this purpose) didn't work well with our printer - just couldn't feed it through properly.  I wasted about 20 envelopes with crooked or blurred printing.

Find the template here : Save The Date Publisher Template
All paper products courtesy of:  Cards & Pockets
Fonts used:  Adios Script Pro & Copperplate Gothic Bold

1 comment:

  1. I'm trying to get the template for the Save the Date, but it looks like the file is no longer available. Would it be possible to fix the link so we would be able to use the template? Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete