Sunday, April 29, 2012

Invitations - Part I

Our invitations are going to be a labor of love.  I spent about 2.5 hours working on them today and I'm not quite finished with the first part.  Naturally I ran out of eyelets, so I am stalled for now.  In my defense, we were going to only use 2 eyelets per invitation which has now been upped to 4.

Part I was all about cutting, printing and mounting the vellum.  I used regular 8.5" x 11" vellum which I cut into 4.5" x 6.5" pieces.  I then printed each page individually.  With inkjet printers and vellum, you have to be careful to let the ink set otherwise it will smear quite easily.  We had done several test runs to get to the perfect design and discovered the problem - passing it along to anyone else attempting this.

I used Medina Green invitation mats and 1/16" black eyelets to mount the vellum.  We decided to go with an eyelet in each of the four corners.  Originally we were going to use the vellum for the wording over a printed engagement picture of ourselves.  I went a little crazy one weekend and redesigned all of our paper products, in the process deciding that I didn't like the vellum over picture look after all!  

This process was time consuming although after the pomander experience of yesterday, this was down right breezy.  It also helped that I had good tools to create a mini assembly line.  We found this really great eyelet setting tool from Making Memories that has 3 different sized heads for all sizes of eyelets.  You need a hard surface to use it but otherwise it is quick and simple.

Find the template here:  Invitation Vellum Publisher Template
All paper products courtesy of:  Cards & Pockets
Eyelets:  Eyelet Outlet
Making Memories:  Eyelet Setter
Fonts used:  Adios Script Pro & Copperplate Gothic Bold

No comments:

Post a Comment